Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Review (plus tips)
- Monday the 29th of February 6:00pm EST I held my breath… would I get one? OR would I be disappointed once again?
- So just like everyone else who is obsessed with Kylie Jenner and anything she does/puts out I was patiently waiting for the restock of her LipKit.
- Although it was mostly focused on 22 being released all I wanted was that Dolce K! After multiple refreshes and hitting the pay now button about 5 times, and waiting 10 minutes for it to go through my order was confirmed. The money went out of my account and 2 hours (which I painfully waited refreshing my emails every two minutes) I got my confirmation email.
- What a satisfying feeling, yes I had got one of the Lip Kits and thousands had been unsuccessful.
- I waited for my shipping email, I got it and then…. my lipkit arrived.
(pictures below from my second order)
When it arrived I was so happy, I opened it and the very first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled amazing!! None of that not nice makeup smell, this smelled inviting!
All I could think once I had overdrawn my lips with the nice smooth lip liner was the moist feeling of this amazing smelling liquid lipstick.
As I waited the 10 seconds while the liquid lipstick dried and noticed something.
I actually could barely feel the sensation of it drying. My lips did not feel dried out at all, it actually felt like I was wearing nothing.
As Time Went On
Later that day I had a cup of coffee and was shocked when there was no lip stain on my WHITE coffee mug. I then had some food and still, nothing came off.
I actually turned to my boyfriend at one stage that evening and asked was my lipstick still on because it genuinely felt like I had nothing on.
I wore it later that week when I went out for dinner. I got a burger and had some cocktails, and no joke my lipstick never came off on the burger or cocktail glasses and it also looked perfect after!
My opinion? The best liquid lipstick formula ever as not only did my lipstick stay on, my lips never felt dried out! I give this lipstick a solid 10/10.
So impressed that I got 3 more- Koko K, Candy K and Poise K (see pictures). Candy K is my favourite.
E.O (Everything Obsessed)
TIPS FOR USING:
- If you like to over draw your lips, go for the darker deeper colours like True Brown K, Dolce K, Candy K and Mary Jo K
- Use cream makeup removers, such as Ponds Cold Cream (I also think this is the best makeup remover ever – definitely a review coming) to remove the lipstick
- Put foundation on your lips first, this helps when overdrawing your lip line and helps the definition
- Apply a very small bit of lip balm just enough to make your lips moist(I personally love eos or Carmex for this as it’s not too slippery).
- This sounds stupid, but don’t constantly lick your lips, it dries your lips out anyway so imagine on a matte lipstick!
TIPS FOR BUYING:
- So If you’re not willing to pay $3.99 a month to have King Kylie’s app on your phone to get restock dates, don’t worry. There are thousands of people who will do it for you. (including Everything Obsessed – insta @EverythingObses and Snapchat – @EverythingObses)
All you have to do is go on Kylie’s Instagram, Check the comments and sure as the sun is in the sky there will be Instagram solely dedicated to posting all the latest news on the LipKits.
- After you find out the restock date, BE READY! If it’s at 3:00pm sharp, be on at 2:55 and start refreshing at 2:59. It is much easier to get them now as the restocks are happening so frequently they are becoming more readily available.
- There’s a limit on each lipstick, last time it was 3 of each.
- Shipping within USA: $8.95 International: $14.95 and this is whether you buy 1 or 3 so if you want more than one go for it now.
- You cannot use PayPal to pay, only Debit/Credit cards.
- Have your card number copied or use google to have your card ready to go
- DO NOT waste your money buy off people selling for ridiculously high prices online! There will be more restocks and soon!