A Day in New Haven
Hey guys! Hope you’re all having a lovely week so far. Here I have a quick little travel guide post for you. Recently, I took a spin to New Haven, CT for the day. I had never been there before and just really wanted to go for a drive. New Haven is a cute little municipality in Connecticut that is the home of IV League school, Yale University. It was great to take the drive there and look around. I’ve listed below some things to do and see if you ever have a day in New Haven…
- Walk around – The architecture here is amazing. It’s all pretty much built around Yale. So you’re basically just walking around Yale. The buildings are beautiful and there is such a chilled atmosphere.
- Yale University Art Gallery – This is an amazing gallery! They have pieces from all over and from some amazing artists like Van Gogh, Monet, Velazquez and Picasso.
- East Rock Park – beautiful view of New Haven and a lovely park to go for a hike!
- Gove Street Cemetery – very interesting old cemetery….small and quaint, but various old stones and tombs.
- Prime 16 – the food was delicious here. I got a veggie burger and it was one of the best I’ve ever had. Very relaxed and chilled atmosphere.
Modern Apizza – Have you heard about the pizza in New Haven? It’s famous for it! No trip to New Haven is complete without a slice (or more) of pizza!
- Starbucks (chain)
- Blue State coffee (chain)
- East Rock Cafe
- On-street parking meters are everywhere so don’t worry about parking, just worry about finding a spot if you go on a weekday.
- Bring your camera!! As I said above, the architecture is beautiful and literally, every street has a photo opportunity! Perfect time to reenact Gilmore Girls when Rory goes to Yale ;).
Hope this helps if you ever passing through or have a day in New Haven.
Thank you for following along! If you are on Amazon please consider buying through this link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it helps me continue to bring you this content for free! xoxo