If you have been following me for a while you’ll know I love New York, and what I love, even more, is Christmas in New York. Although I have been to New York millions of times (ok not millions but you get what I mean), I only spent Christmas time in New York for the first time a few years ago. It was something I’d always planned to do and kept getting sidetracked. I wanted that ‘Christmas in New York’ Experience with all of you! I think New York is one of the most magical places to visit during the Christmas season, alongside London, Partis and Galway.
The Cold is not favourable but if you like snow, you will surely love this time of year in NYC! The trees, the shop windows, the ice skating and the merry spirit that fills up NYC during Christmas is like no other!
5 Things to do at Christmas in New York.
- Rockefeller Center – I’ve been wanting to see the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center for as long as I can remember! It’s probably the biggest Christmas Tree I’ve ever seen. Rockefeller Center is such a nice place to see all year round, but even more amazing at Christmas time. There’s also ice skating here which is very popular with most visiting at Christmas in New York.
- Stroll up 5th ave – There is no place like 5th Ave at Christmas in New York. These shops are more decorative than you could ever imagine. Saks window display and light show is next level and a MUST SEE! If this doesn’t help you get that Christmas feeling, I don’t know what will.
- Visit Bryant Park – That Christmas, I took my first ever trip to Bryant Park, and wow did I pick a good time of the year to see it. Now, although the tree at Rockefeller was pretty awesome, the tree at Bryant Park is one of the most beautiful – if not THE most beautiful – I’ve ever seen. The Christmas markets and stalls are just fab. There are numerous great sweet shops too. We had delicious waffles from ‘Waffles & Dinges’. I would definitely recommend the waffle with Nutella!
- The Palace – The Palace Christmas set up is a popular spot among visitors and locals.
- Walk Around Central Park in The Snow – It’s so beautiful to see this park covered in a white sheet of snow, it’s exactly what I think of when I think of Christmas in New York. It really makes you feel like you’re in Home Alone!
Let me know if you have done any of these things before or if this helped you.
Thank you for following along! If you are on Amazon(UK/IRL) please consider buying through this link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it helps me continue to bring you this content for free! (Amazon US Link) xoxo